Mobile Internet Users to reach 1.7 Billion by the year 2013
It is predicted that by the year 2013 over 1.7 billion mobile users will be accessing the internet via their mobile phones or similar WAP technology devices, this is something that no business should ignore and for those that take notice the rewards will be plentiful. Websites that can be viewed on a mobile phone are completely different from those that we see on the internet, they are built in a different kind of language and have to be made so that they can easily be viewed on the smaller screens of mobile phones.
From the hits on your website approximately 10 – 15 % is from a cellphone today.
In 2015 the prediction is to be 60 %.
The visitors experience is very important since they tend not to come back if it´s bad.
- Mobile websites have to adjust to the screen size of mobile phones or smartphones
- Mobile websites have fewer pages
- Mobile websites have fewer images
- The written content must be brief and to the point
- The pages must be easy to navigate
If you do not comply with this then your business is at a huge disadvantage.
In the next 5 years mobile websites are going to be by far one of the most obvious new additions to the internet and indeed the business world in general, mobile use is expanding so fast that literally millions of companies are being left in the dust. Those businesses that get a foot on the ladder first will be the ones who gain the most, those that do not will suffer dreadfully?
Why is it important to get a mobile compliant website now?
- Everyone is now using their mobile/cell phone to access the web
- Google and the major search engines are ramping up their mobile presence (” mobile only” search is going to explode )
- The older the domain, the better the search engine rank will be
- Those companies that register sites early will make “huge gains” when it comes to ranking
- Offering a mobile compliant site will show your customers you are an “up to date company”
Mobile compliant websites are built in a different way that “normal” websites, standard websites are built using html and mobile sites use xhtml and html5. This new code works on mobile phones, the old code does not. The old code will show a site as either “too small” or only show a small part of a page, our designs will show a mobile site perfectly on a phone browser.
What do your potential customers need from a mobile compatible website?
If you think about it the answer is actually very simple, most mobile internet users are searching for “basic” contact information and from website that displays that information with ease. Here and now information is key!
- Your business location – easy directions in as short a time as possible. Our mobile solution provides an easy to use “find us” function
- Your contact details – our technology can provide “click to call functions”, this means a mobile user can click a number on your site and it instantly pre-load into their mobile phone.
- Up to date info on your offering
- Other helpful things in real-time